So much more than Elevator Music.
Beautiful music (sometimes abbreviated as BM, B/EZ or BM/EZ for beautiful music/easy listening) is a mostly instrumental music format that was prominent in American radio from the 1960s through the 1980s. Mood music, easy listening, and the often derogatory terms Muzak and elevator music are other common terms for the format and the style of music that it featured. Beautiful music can also be regarded as a subset of the middle of the road radio format.
I'm currently working on an iPhone App and I needed an environment Canada weather feed for it. I can find news, music, talk but I couldn't find a good audio source of weather. WeatherRadio Canada to the rescue.
This is an audio stream of the service covering Toronto, Ontario Canada. Feel free to bookmark it and use it as you see fit. The service is not affiliated with Environment Canada in any way. I'm just rebroadcasting their scanner feed for internet audio use.
http://crystalradio.ca/wxto_playlist.pls VLC / Internet Radio Player
http://crystalradio.ca/wxto_playlist.asx Windows Media Player
http://crystalradio.ca/wxto_playlist.qtl iTunes / QuickTime Player
http://crystalradio.ca/wxto_playlist.ram RealAudio / RealMedia Player
"The Luxury Sound" of Crystal Radio has a special place in a world of many different sounds.
What is "The Luxury Sound"? It's a basic theme of good taste expressed by magnificent music.
No matter what kind of quality music you are looking for -- whether it is the appropriate music for a cocktail party, the dinner hour, or just relaxation and reflection -- you will find it when you want it on Crystal Radio.
Something luxurious happens to your computer when you enjoy it with Crystal Radio. Listeners who welcome the sound of rich, mellow strings, played in uninterrupted segments, have made Crystal Radio Canada's most listened to radio program.
An ornately set table. A fine bottle of sparkling wine. A bouquet of flowers purchased in a hurry on the way home from the office. A filter on the window to simulate a blue moon. Andy Williams crooning "Moon River" or the 101 Strings playing "Light My Fire" in the background. All of the necessary mood-enhancing ingredients for a cozy tête-à-tête. The warm, friendly voice of Don Andrews provides welcome accompaniment for intimate dinners, parties, term papers, good books -- Everything under the sun... And moon!
The Luxury Sound? No doubt about it, a luxury sound for people who want, seek out, and appreciate something better than the ordinary.
Crystal Radio... The Luxury Sound... All Day, All Night, All Nice !
Welcome to Crystal Radio.
Canada's Beautiful Music stop on the internet.
We take pride in our All Day, All Night, All Nice programming. Hopefully you can take a few minutes, sit back, relax and enjoy. Get lost in the music and memories.
As you will discover this is a mostly instrumental music format featuring a quiet, easy listening experience.
An important piece of the puzzle is the music quality and we are proud to broadcast in HD. High Definition audio uses a little more bandwidth at 192k but with this format especially you will appreciate the full hi-fidelity of the music once again. Relax and enjoy our beautiful music radio and let the memories flood back. From Mantovani to Perry Como they're all here. You're beautiful music radio friends.
Thank you for dropping by. If you have any requests, tips, advice or other messages please feel free to contact us.
Iain Grant / Don Andrews
Crystal Radio is now available to Microsoft Media Player users via the Windows Media Guide.
Our Listeners Write... And you're welcome to join them.. please send in your thoughts using the Contact box above.
- Great to see your station is back on again. Whatever happened, please make sure you don't go away again. Love the music.
-Jack in Washington State
- If more stations around the world would use your Canadian approach, life would be better. At least we have Crystal Radio. We love it in the office. Keep up the good work.
-the girls in the medical center
- Are you guys for real? I didn't think it was possible to have a station on all day long that didn't offend or get boring. Don't change a thing.
-listening in Gainsville
- I thought you were gone for good. I've been searching for Crystal Radio almost weekly and today I found you... again. Fantastic.
- a listener in Texas
- Hey Don, just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy Crystal Radio. Both your voice and the music are a great compliment to each other. And the end result is a great compliment to my life. Many thanks.
-Derek and Louise
- Love your station. That's it.
- Wow. Where have I been all your life. So glad I found such a refreshing station. Don't change a thing 'cause we have enough Jacks and Jills and Bobs and who-know-what else... and they're all the same... lame.
As Always, thank you for all your comments, support and requests.
Iain Grant / Don Andrews